Hello Dear Friends,
Healthy Eating is Happy Eating!!!
Happy Eating isn’t about Indulging with Foods that are Bad for YOU!
It’s all about portions & the types of food you are eating!
Think quality not quantity: Becoming Mindful that what you put inside your Body not only affects the size of your body, it affects your energy levels, your emotions, your thought processes and how well you age. Yes aging doesn’t have to be a slow downhill climb, it can be full of Life: Energy: Fun and Excitement just by making changes to the foods you eat and what your drink.
Here are a few easy tips:
- Not skipping meals during the day just because you know you’re going out later, it’ll only make you overeat.
- Sharing dishes to keep portions sizes down or ordering two entrees rather than one starter and a main meal. It should work out to be the same price.
- Making sure you have a booking so you can go straight to your table rather than wait at the bar. Drinking before a meal is a big no-no; it’s harder for you to digest food.
- Resisting the urge to order alcohol with your meal; it’ll cut your calories in half!
- Know what is good for you and what is bad for you: Additional sauces, gravies, deep fried foods, large portion of animal protein, dishes with addition of cheese and crème.
- The animal protein portion of your meal should be the size of the palm of your hand, the remainder of your meal should be made up of vegetables or salads.
Your waistline, your heart, your kidneys, your stomach, bowels and liver will thank you for your Healthy Eating.
For further support to Eat Well throughout the Christmas season: 5 Steps to Enjoy a Healthy Christmas